ITALY won the World Cup!
Yays!! I was never a fan of Italy before but now I guess I am. I used to cheer for England only but after this year's World Cup, I think I'm gonna go for England (yes, still for good 'ol England), Germany and Italy.
The match between Italy and France was good, although I admit it that after Zidane scored in the 7th minute I had a little doubt that Italy could break the 0. But they did, and boy was that a thriller for Paps, JJ and me! Leaps, shouts of "yesssss!" and high-fives were exchanged between the three of us while Vivian and Lorena (cheering for France) were glued to the sofa. Hehe. 90 minutes gone and the score was 1-1. Extra time - still 1-1. I was starting to feel nervous inside because first, I hate it whenever the winner of a game is decided through penalty shoots and second, I know that Fabien Barthez is a good goalkeeper. By this time, Pappu was standing up, so was JJ. Then all of us stood up, unable to plant our asses on the couch no longer. When David Trezeguet missed his shot, we couldn't help it but to shout 'yesss!' And then when Barthez failed to save Fabio Grosso's shot, shouts of 'yessss!' that I believed were twice as loud as the previous ones could be heard in the quiet and stillness of the early morning. Haha, I think we woke half of the neighbourhood this morning! Hopefully, nobody complains. Hehe.
After the match, we were too excited to go to sleep right away. But then eventually one by one fell asleep, except me. I had decided to go back to the dorm at 6 a.m. so I stayed awake. I thought that I would be able to sleep at 6.30 a.m. but the door was not yet opened at 6 so I walked and talked with God on the tracks, enjoying the fresh morning breeze and the smell of the plants wet with dew. It was fun, and I finally got to sleep at 7.30 a.m.
I woke up at 12 noon and went online to find some information for my presentation. I haven't eaten anything yet and it's already 6 p.m. Well, at least I get to accomplish something today.
No comments:
Post a Comment