Monday, January 02, 2006

After 7 years...

It's the 2nd day of the New Year. On New Year's day, I just stayed home and relax. Then, today, I decided to follow my parents to ketam padi in Kg. Lapai. Hehe. The last time I did this was, uhm, I think 7 years ago? Haha~! Harvesting paddy is certainly NOT an easy job. Especially during the rainy season. Well, I think I did a good job and I'm proud of myself. I get to 'taste' and feel how hard it is for the older folks before. It was raining, and although my Mom asked me to stop over and over again because of the rain, I refused to stop. It was actually fun~! I was singing some of the choir songs (the ones I remember well, hahhaha~!) while ketaming paddy. Hehe. By 4.35 p.m., my left arm was already hurting, and my right hand fingers were filled with cuts here and there, but nevertheless, it was worth it! I felt happy to have helped and it was a good experience. Harvesting paddy while singing under the rain! Whew~!

And now I'm back home. Fiona called me while we were having lunch and informed me that the grades are already available online. And I checked my grades right after we reached home. I wasn't expecting good grades for this semester because I felt that I didn't do so well in my studies. But, to my surprise (and delight!) I got better grades than what I expected! No C's and it just feels good! I can sleep soundly tonight.

Today was tiring and good at the same time. And I think I'm gonna go to bed early. Ciao~!

No comments: