Monday, May 02, 2005

S.h.i.t. M.y. d.o.g. j.u.s.t. d.i.e.d.

I talked to my Dad on the phone just a few minutes ago. My dog died. My parents don't know how he died. The guy that was living in my house smelled a foul smell, and suspected that something was wrong. That 'something' turned out to be my dog. Dead. Its intestines visible outside the body. It was battered to death, probably by those stupid, heartless filipinos (i don't know whether they are legal or illegal workers). Under the small bridge leading to my house. What stupid people would put a dead dog under the bridge? According to my Dad, my Mom said that Rancho (yes, that's his name) had not been eating for a few days, probably poisoned by those damn people! And yesterday, my Dad found the carcass and suspected that it had been under the bridge since Friday. Shittt. Who knows when it was killed? Stupid people!! I loved my dog very much, I talk to it (I know, I know), and sometimes I feel that just by looking at the 'expression' on its face, he was responding to me. I had that dog after my brother's dog died, being poisoned. I don't know why my dogs keep getting poisoned. Including Rancho, 2 other dogs died because of being poisoned. 1 was mine and the other one was my brother's German Shepherd named Cyber. And now, we're left with two dogs. Oh and our new puppy also died. I don't know what was the reason it died, but the strange thing is, my Mom told me that our puppy died the same day as two other puppies given to my aunt and a friend. They were the first offsprings of my new dog. Strange.

Back to Rancho. I couldn't help it, but the tears just kept coming the moment I heard my Dad said that my dog is dead. That was one of the many dogs I've had as pets that I loved very much. And in July, I will be going back without Rancho greeting me. Rancho was the protector of our home. It would bark and attack anyone he doesn't recognize. I remember teaching him some tricks, and when my brother tried the same thing, he didn't respond. He responded to me. The bond between me and my dog were strong. Not only Rancho but my other dogs. Except for Cyber, it has always been MY dogs, and cats. Sometimes when I'm alone at home, I would sit by him, and talk to him like he's a person, and he would put his head on my lap and just 'listen' to what I have to say. I will miss Rancho and our 'talking' sessions. Luckily, I have pictures of him at home. The memory of him will always be in my heart. I miss him already!

No comments: