I was reading Henry David Thoreau's Walden and I took a particular liking to this exerpt taken from the conclusion:
"However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is".
I learn something just by reading the Walden. I find it interesting. I have just began to love literature last semester although I am quite picky of the readings. If I don't like them, I can't force myself to like them. But, so far, it's been good. Not very good, but good. This summer I'll be taking American Literature after 1865, it's only for two months, and I hope I'll do much better in class, better than this semester. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment