Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Psalm for Students

We're studying some of the Psalms in our Sacred Literature class and yesterday, before the teacher excused us, she passed a handout to the five of us. It was "A Psalm For Students" by Steven M. Zeimis.

A Psalm For Students

The Lord is my teacher; I shall not sleep.
He makes me stay awake in my studies all night;
He leads me from page to page.
He restores my sanity;
He guides me in the path of consciousness.
For my grades' sake.
Even though I grow weary in the shadow of books,
I fear no test, for thou art with me.
The rod and Thy staff, they keep jabbing me.
Thou wilt prepare a test for me
in the presence of my classmates.
Thou hast crammed my mind with knowledge;
My eyelid overlap.
Surely a good grade and
a kind teacher will follow me after the test,
Or I will dwell in the class forever.

Have a Happy Sabbath everyone :D


2 comments:

Kim said...

I have a chemistry professor,
I shall not pass.
He maketh me to show ignorance,
Before the whole class.
He giveth me more than I can learn,
He lowereth my grades.
Yea, though I walk
Through the Valley of Knowledge,
I shall not learn.
He annoyeth my head with problems,
My eyes runneth over.
Surely moles and formulas
Shall follow me all the days of my life
And I shall dwell
In the chem lab for ever, and ever, and ever.

Jules said...

HAHAHAHA!!LOL!iya kim, aku akan menulis mazmur pelajar saya nanti! ahhahahaha...lawaklah your mazmur! sabar ko kim...thou shalt not dwell in the chem lab for ever...thou shalt pass chemistry! belajar bersungguh-sungguh ya!