Hehe. Finally, I can say that I'm HOME again! The semester seemed to go by so fast, the next thing I know, I'm back again. It feels like I've never left home. I arrived safely on Christmas day and my Dad and bro were there to meet me at the airport. It really feels good to be home again!
The next day, my bro and I attended a friend (and also our babysitter) 's wedding in Tagaroh and to my surprise, I saw Teacher Arlene there! I haven't seen her since I-don't-know-when, probably 4 years? Not sure. Anyways, me and Crystal waited until the wedding was over to meet and greet her. Haha~! She was in Thailand the week before and I sent her a card through Pappu, not knowing that she'll be coming back to Sabah! She told me she was surprised to receive my card when she will meet me in Sabah anyway, and I told her that I didn't know she was coming back home. Hehe. Anyways. After the wedding we visited our cousin's home in Goshen. It's almost 2 months since my cousin passed away, I wasn't able to come home for the funeral, so I decided to go and visit their house. I didn't know what to say when I arrived at their house, her sister greeted us. The moment I shook her hand, a feeling of sadness swept through me and I was silent for a moment. Both of us understood.
We talked about many other things. She asked me whether I visited the sister's grave already, I told her I haven't. We didn't planned to stay there long, but it turned out that we stayed there for 2 1/2 hours. It just feels right. Before, we often go to Goshen, but never to their house eventhough we're first cousins because we're not so used to each other and seldom meet. But then, sometimes it takes events like this to happen to pull the family closer. I'm not so close to the mother (I'm related to them through her Dad), but when I met the mother, it seemed like I was close to her. And one more thing that took me by surprise, is the brother. The last time I saw him, he was still small, now, he's taller than me and his appearance changed completely. He was a cute little boy the last time I saw him and now, he's grown into a tall 14-year-old boy, and that cute face is still there:). Since I'm only gonna be here for two weeks, I'm planning to go visit them again, and visit my cousin's grave. I haven't seen the movie of the funeral yet, but I've seen the pictures, and she was given a full military style (by the Pathfinders) funeral service. Her last wish was to be dressed in a full Pathfinder uniform and hold a Bible in her hand. Just by looking at the pictures and watching the powerpoint presentation of her diary made me cry.
Anyways. Today we had our family reunion (mom's side) in Tenghilan. It was fun! And the food, ohhh, the food! It felt really good to taste homecooked food again! A lot of our relatives from far and near came and the house was almost filled with people. With 11 children in the family, plus lots of grandchildren and great-grandchildren and other relatives, the atmosphere is never dull and boring. Kids everywhere, I'm getting old. Suddenly I have lots of nephews and nieces! And they're growing bigger and bigger, and cuter!! Haha~! My Mom's side had always been close and always hold family reunions. It makes the family ties close and strong. That is the important thing. :)
Now, I'm at home. Bored. Nothing to do at the moment.
I think I'll do find something else to do now. Or else...I might end up going to bed..but it's still early! It's still 8 p.m.! Hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment