Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bitten

It was 2.31 a.m. 

I was asleep, but somehow I felt my hand brushing the right side of my neck.  I thought I felt something creeping, but didn't give it much thought.  Then, I felt it.  The pain.  It got more and more painful by the minute.  So, I jumped out of the bed and turned the light on.  It was swelling, and I still didn't know what it was that bit me.  

Turned the pillows, nothing.  Looked under my macbook box, and there it was, trying to run away.  A centipede.  I think I panicked for a second when I saw it.  Then I realized that I needed to kill it, otherwise I won't be able to have a peace of mind going back to sleep with it still lurking around.  

Before I could hit it with a pencil box, it disappeared.  I looked under the bed, couldn't spot it because it was dark.  I wasn't going back to bed until I killed that creature.  After a few minutes, it did appear, this time on the floor.  I quickly hit it with the pencil box, silently cursing.  I kept hitting it until I was convinced it was dead. 
 

Dead. 

It took me probably about an hour before being able to go back to sleep.  The pain was just intense, being stung by a honey bee is better.  Luckily, I wasn't allergic.

It's still slightly swollen and I could still feel the pain.  That was the first for me, and I surely hope it's the last.  

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeek!!

jc said...

Shimona stole my line...Eeeeoh & Eeek! I get shivers when I see the dead centipede.

cassie said...

OMG!! Are you okay Ju?? Sorry about that thing bit you. My gosh....if I was in your place, berabis already me berteriakan that =(

Hobbit Wife said...

Is it kalajangking?? Oh man...thank God you're okay.

Sendy Monarrez said...

OMG!!!! how did u manage to go back to sleep?!?!
so scarry!!!

Jules said...

I'm okay Fie, heheh, would've wanted to teriak but it was 2.31 a.m. hahaha! Aims, lipan not kalajengking, hehehehe :D Sendy, i forced myself to go back to sleep - just closed my eyes, and the next thing i knew my alarm was ringing.... hehe

Lola said...

eee....enya was bitten too. She was only 2...bengkak lah betul...sudahlah dia chubby tamba lagi chubby the fingers...