Friday, December 05, 2008

What makes me smile...


The picture above is my current wallpaper. It just makes me smile. Puppies always makes me smile! :D The members of our family seem to grow in numbers as a result of the addition of animals.  Before the school year ended, one student gave me two rabbits and another gave me two guinea pigs and two mice (I didn't ask for those, she wanted to give them to me).  Juji has a snake too, but I don't think I will ever warm up to a snake, it freaks me out!

I especially like the rabbits (we have three, the other one is Juji's). I play with them every morning and evening - it's therapeutic. No, seriously, for me it is. I do the same with Patches. Playing with them makes me happy. I don't know why, but it does.  I remember Fiona telling me last year that there was this one kid in the Special School at SRS Seri Insan who needs to see the fishes in the pond before starting his day at school. The kid is autistic, and the teacher says that the need to see the fishes is therapeutic for him. Sometimes there are days when I just sit in front of the aquarium and stare at the fishes. Or watch the snake eat its food. Or watch the mice play. It has become a habit, and I somehow don't feel the day is complete without doing any of the above.  

Just some random thoughts and another fact revealed about myself. 

Well.

Going to KK soon to do some business.  

Enjoy this song by Third Day - "Mountain of God". 



God is good. 
All the time.

Blessed Sabbath everyone! 

1 comment:

jc said...

One of the campus dogs had six puppies this week so you'll get your puppy fix while you are here. They are soooooo cute. I understand the need to look at animals. I don't have any but I've discovered recently the need to just sit and look at nature. I have breakfast on my back porch just so I can the trees in the morning.