Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm back from a fun but very tiring trip. Am having withdrawal symptoms (again!). I miss the food. I miss the places. I miss the people.

The trip to Peninsula Malaysia and Singapore was really great!

In Penang, I finally got to taste Penang Laksa, and it was delicious! I had the opportunity to meet up with many of my ex-classmates and schoolmates, and really, it felt so good meeting them again after a few years. Lots of catching up, but there was little time. But it was nice to be able to meet them anyway.

In Ipoh, I had the chance to meet up with Pastor David Kumar and his family again after two years. It was nice meeting them again. We didn't stay long in Ipoh because we had to travel back to Penang the same night.

The five-hour bus ride from Penang to KL was not so bad after all. It was so comfortable riding on the bus that I was able to sleep soundly. The driver made one stop, and I was able to taste Ramly burger. Hehe.

Arriving in KL on Sunday evening, I went straight to the place where we stayed (PJ Chinese Church). I met one of my few favourite cousins and she took me out to Mid Valley and surprised me by wanting me to choose my own graduation gift. She gave me three choices, and I opted for option #1. I was really happy to be able to see her again, I've missed her so much although I've been keeping in touch with her. Kakak Bibi, if you're reading this post, thank you again for my graduation gift! Love you! :D

On Monday, Jayce brought us to KLCC and Sungei Wang. I finally got to take a picture of the twin towers (I didn't have a camera when I visited the towers in 2003). We met up with one of our good friend in Sungei Wang and he brought us around the shopping mall.

On Tuesday, we went to Aenon Health Farm. Ate healthy vegetarian food there and the people were nice.

On Wednesday, we headed down to Kulai, Johor. Stayed at one of the church member's house and our hosts were such an inspiration to me. I must remember to send an email of gratitude to them.

On Thursday, we went to Johor Bahru and stayed at the church. A group of us took a taxi and went to Plaza Kotaraya for the purpose of buying hangers and detergent, but I ended up buying some other things.

On Friday morning, we took 5 taxis to enter Singapore. No problems and we arrived at the SAUM safely. The room was awesome and the shopping places were great! I want to go back to Singapore to shop some day in the future. Oh, and we even sang on the streets. :D

Ending our singing performance at Jurong Church, we headed back to the guestrooms to change and went shopping!!

We landed at the Suvarnabhumi Airport at 7.30 p.m. and reached MC at 10.30.

Fun trip. Lots of memories to be treasured.

Will post more later...

No comments: