Monday, November 07, 2005

The result of sin...

I just lost a dear cousin. I was almost going to deep sleep when I received an sms from another cousin that requested me to pray for this particular cousin as she was critically sick in the hospital. That was around 11.15 p.m. I started to get uncomfortable. And then about 30 minutes later, my cellphone rang again and this time it said "Call". My heart started beating fast. I knew it was my brother, and he told me that they just arrived at the hospital in Kota Marudu, and also told me that there's little hope - that hit me. Before he hung up, he told me that he will call again if anything happens. I could not sleep. I was wide awake, thinking repeatedly to myself that my cellphone's gonna ring any time, it's either good or bad news. And then, as I lay on my bed, cellphone beside me, I heard that dreadful ring and saw that "call", I answered the phone, it was my brother and by the tone of his voice when he said "Adie..." (little sister), I just couldn't help it but to burst into tears. That was 12.03 a.m. (Thailand time). Damn it! My bro tried to calm me, but it didn't help. I haven't seen her for a long time, probably a couple of years, and I didn't get to see her when I went back last summer. I feel really, really bad. I knew this was gonna happen, but I didn't expect it to happen so suddenly and ... arggghh~! Death is so cruel!! This sinful world is cruel!

She was a great sport. We rarely see each other, except during family reunions. And whenever we get together during those family reunions, she was always there, cheerful and talkative. She always had a smile on her face. She was the family's best friend. She was strong despite her illness. I will truly miss her company whenever the Lamam family gather together again.

Please pray for her family, even if you don't know her. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: