Monday, April 20, 2009

Every time the month of April rolls by every year, I think of the Songkran holidays I've had while studying at MC.  It never fails to bring back good memories!

Songkran 2004
Our dear Thai friend, Wanwisa Watcharakaweesin (Kip), invited the 6 of us to her kampung in Roi Et to celebrate Songkran.  I don't quite remember how many hours it took to reach her village, I only remember it was midnight (or past midnight) when we arrived.  

That was when, for the first time, I threw water at someone without worrying that that person will get angry at me for doing so.  That was when I had cold beer splashed right on my face. That was when I soaked myself in the Mekong river.  That was when I got my first sun burn in Thailand. 
 


Songkran 2005
This was when I had my first Songkran on campus.  Had water fights with friends - FUN!!
 

Songkran 2006
No water fights for me this time.

However, I was fortunate enough to be in the MCCC and MCSE because this was when we had our first MC Promotion Tour! Destination - Sarawak and Sabah.  Being a part of this group of people has taught me a lot of things.  The ten days of singing and traveling with this group of people also created a bond and a friendship so close among the members.  

I got to meet and get to know people.  I got to go to places I've never been before.  Lots of laughter.  Lots of fun.  I really did enjoy myself!


Songkran 2007
Another MC Promotion Tour, this time to Peninsula Malaysia and Singapore! 

I got to meet ex-classmates, ex-schoolmates, cousins, and friends in Penang.  In Ipoh, I got to meet the kid I babysat in college.  I got to meet my favourite cousin and spend the evening with her.  I got to step foot in Singapore again after 16 years.  



Post MC Songkran Holidays

Songkran 2008
A group from MC came to Sabah.  I had a good time hanging out with the group while they were here.  :D



Songkran 2009
I had a great time accompanying the group from MC to churches in Sandakan, Ulu Dusun, Telupid, Ranau and Tamparuli!  I'm so glad Pr. Konis requested me to accompany them because I had a really nice time with this group of people.  Lots of jokes, riddles, and laughter involved! 

I got to meet people who remembered me as a child.  I got to know a second cousin whom I never met before.  I got the chance to contribute my part in promoting MC.  :D 



~~~~~~~

I wonder what Songkran 2010 has in store for me. :D

2 comments:

cassie said...

Do oi.....punya lah me kurus that time at Kip's place! Hahahaha....but, I am glad that you post up that pic. I really miss those moments =')

~fiefie

Unknown said...

Well i can say that u have had great songkrans either getting wet or not :). Now u made me think bout my songkrans...gonna miss it for the third time again :( Thats a really nice holiday :)