
Classe de Sapienta - Class of 2002
The picture above was taken five years ago when I finished high school. The next year, I came to Mission College. Four years later, I am gonna walk down the aisle again. Before I came to MC, I promised myself that I will finish in four years, no matter how hard college life will be. Two motivation factors:
1) My parents
2) The comparison made of me and somebody by my own aunt.
I wanted to prove to her that the government exam results does not mean that I cannot succeed in college. Looking back through the four years I was here, I can see how God has led me through all the ups and downs of my studies and specifically, my life. He has been my Guide, and I attribute my success to His guidance and love. I also attribute my success to my parents who have always been there for me to give me support and encouragement.
In about six weeks, my parents and brother will arrive on campus. I have fulfilled my task to study hard and make them proud. There's nothing that could compare to the look on their faces as they see me receiving my degree. They have spent a lot of money in order to support me here in MC, and it is time for me to repay them (although I realize that I could never repay them fully). I love them very much and that is one of the reason why I want to go back home after graduation. I want to take a break from being away from them for four years...I want to be near my family.
---
On the other hand, in two week's time, we'll be heading to Malaysia! Last year, the MC Chamber Choir and String Ensemble went to Sabah and Sarawak during the Songkran break, and this year we'll be heading to Peninsula Malaysia and Singapore! I haven't been to any of the churches in Peninsula Malaysia. I have been to Singapore when I was a little kid but I don't remember much about Singapore. Some of the things that stand out in my memory of Singapore:
1) I got 2 stitches on the corner of my left eye...the doctor offered me an orange candy, at first I refused, but he insisted. So I took it and put it in my mouth, and spitted it out when we were outside the clinic. (I hated eating candy for quite a long time after that).
2) There was where I got chicken pox
3) I remember going to the zoo - I loved going to the zoo!
4) I think Singapore was the place where my two front teeth came off! :D
Yes, that's about what I could remember about being in Singapore. I have pictures of being in the shopping malls, but I don't remember anything much about it.

Sight seeing in Miri, Sarawak.

Performing in my former school, SASS

Met ex-schoolmates in Kuching, Sarawak.
I will be able to meet more ex-classmates and ex-schoolmates when we go to Penang. It will be exciting to meet them again after going our separate ways after graduation. I will also be able to meet my cousins (one of which I haven't seen in many, many years!) in Penang and KL, and they have offered to bring me around :D I hope there'll be time to do that.
2 comments:
Yeay Yeay.. you're coming to KL.. woot woot.. havent seen you for the longest time now. Now make sure you have both my hp & house numbers and call me once you're in KL.. :P We go makan kay, my treat.. :)
Btw.. that M there.. is your Kakak Bibi.. hiak hiak hiak, in case u're wondering which maniac suddenly dropped by and wanna meet u in KL later. :P
Post a Comment