Friday, October 21, 2005

Last night...

What a way to begin my holidays! Yesterday went just fine until we were held by the police last night. I went to Korat yesterday with the Malaysian guys, and all was well. We were there from 11 to 4 and we reached MC at around 5.30 or somewhere around there. Then, at 8.30 p.m. 4 of us went out to eat. We were planning to eat at pi Noi's, but then the place was full so we decided to go to Muak Lek instead. On our way there, it was perfectly fine - no road blocks, no police. After dinner, we were deciding whether to go the back way or the front way...well, assuming that there will be no road blocks or police if we use the front way, we decided on going through the front. But then, our assumption was wrong - way wrong. The police stopped us. Of course, I started to panic, but I pretended not to look panic in front of the police. So, all four of us acted calm. Luckily, we were not the only MCians there, Richard, Pisith and Nampheung were there too. Those of us who were not Thai pretended to not be able to speak and understand Thai, except for Richard though. Nampheung was a different case, she's a Thai but she pretended not to be one, instead she told the police that she was from Bangladesh! I laughed when she told me this!LOL!She said if she told the police that she was Thai, they will charge her more. Well, we were held for about 30 minutes (or more, I don't know) before we were allowed to go. Mark had to pay B200 for Steve's bike and my bike. It was a surprise and unexpected road block I suppose, because the police were opening the seats and checking the insides, probably looking for drugs or something? I don't know. Oh well, that was one experience and I don't want it to happen to me again. Hehe. I was 'traumatised' last night, I didn't have my ID with me and I didn't have my helmet on too, because no one thought that we were going to Muak Lek, and no one thought that there will be a road block because according to them, it rarely happens. One of the lucky nights for the police I guess - $$$!I guess I won't be driving to Muak Lek for a while! Hahhahah:D

No comments: