Last week's summary:
- Went to BKK.
- Chamber Choir practice.
- Watched basketball. Cheered for green and blue.
- Class observation.
- Donated blood.
- Chamber Choir practice.
- Played violin for vespers.
It was really good to have Charmaine with us throughout last week. It was like she never left this campus at all. But it was really a blessing for us to have her here last week. I really enjoyed her company.
I'll skip choir practice. The sports week is also over, no more loud shouting that could be heard all the way at the church. I am beginning to like basketball. Watching the game, not playing it. Oh, and I think I understand how it's played now.
Class observation. Daron and I observed Mr. Lauran's Basic A class for the first time last week and that class is fun! When we informed Mr. Lauran about coming to his class, he told us that this is the lowest level in the ESL Dept. and that we should not be expecting too much from them. Yes, the level of English was low but that didn't prevent the students to have fun in class. Sometimes I wonder how these students can communicate or understand each other, especially the Japanese guy and the Thai guy with an afro.
Blood donation day. Since the first year I was here, I have always said that I wanted to donate blood, but it never happened until the last semester of my stay here. Yes, I finally had the guts to have that needle inserted in my vein. I was nervous of course, but after a short conversation with one of the people incharge which went like this:
Lady: Is this your first time?
Me: Yes.
Lady: It's painful.
Me: I know.
Lady: It's painful but you could save a life.
Me: I know that too.
I knew I wanted to do it. I watched the needle being inserted, and it was a wonderful feeling (I'm not crazy). I almost didn't feel the pain. I don't know how long it took, but it sure was a short time. I watched the needle being pulled out of my vein. Done. I was so proud of myself! I actually did it this time! Yays!
If people ask me whether I've donated blood before, I can answer with a "yes" now, and not with a "no, but I would like to in the future." Oh, amd my blood type is O. (I never knew that until that day - January 25, 2007 - believe it or not).
That's all. Good night, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment